Sunday, January 08, 2006

Where's the Whumping?

Yay, the gates are back! As well as the much-missed opening sequences! I approve. Of course, I already knew they were coming back because I get the magazine. But I was so excited to see them! The only thing -- and I mean the ONLY thing -- that's pissing me off about SG-1 Season 9 is the lack of the traditional Danny-whumping. I mean, here we are halfway through the season and all he's had are a few fainting spells and slightly roughed up by a Sodan. I hope this is one of those seasons where it's clumped like Season 2 was. He took all his hits in the first several episodes (The Serpent's Lair, In the Line of Duty, Prisoners, Need, etc.) and was basically left unscathed again until around Holiday. Last season alone he was zatted at least five times (two by his teammates! in the same episode!), shot (by Jack), caught in an explosion, zapped by a video game chair, beat up by Claudia Black, and killed for the fifth time (but who's counting?). Not to mention what his alternate went through. Time to pick it up! There are nine episodes left and I want to see some whumpin', gorammit! That Mitchell's taking too good care of him. I do love everything else about the season (except maybe the Ori). I love Cam. I love Landry and I love that he brought basketball with him. I love the new doc, even though she definitely isn't Janet. I love the way Daniel looks even if he isn't getting hurt enough (is it just me or does he look better than he did last year?). I love how Daniel and Cameron seem to have a neat friends thing going and how Cameron gets stuff.
And as for Atlantis: as if Ford is really dead. Whatever. If they don't show it, I don't buy it. It really could be either way, but at least they made a loophole in case they want to bring him back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home